- Why do we worship?
- �But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipper shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for the Father seeketh such to worship Him in spirit and in truth.� John 4:23-24
- Why do we clap our hands?
- �O clap your hands all ye people: Shout unto God with the voice of triumph.� Psalms 47:1
- Why do we lift our hands?
- �Thus I will bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.� Psalms 63:4
�Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord.� Psalms 134:2
- Why do we have audible praise to God?
- �Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name.� Psalms 103:1
�And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying Alleluia: The voice of Lord God omnipotent reigneth.� Revelation 19:6
- Why do we sing choruses as well as hymns?
- �And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess but be filled with the Spirit: speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs and making melody in your heart to the Lord.�
�Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns, and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord� Colossians 3:16
- Why are musical instruments a part of worship service?
- �Praise Him with the sound of trumpet, the psaltery and harp, praise Him with the stringed instruments and organs, praise Him upon the loud cymbals, praise Him upon the high sounding cymbals.� Psalms 150:3-5
- Why do we speak in tongues?
- For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God� 1 Corinthians 14:2
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the understanding also.�
1 Corinthians 14:14-15
- Why do we lay hands, anoint with oil and pray for people?
- �They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.�
�Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.� James 5:14
- Why does the congregation pray all at one time for specific needs?
- And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God in one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which has made heaven and earth. Acts 4:24
If you have any questions don�t hesitate to call us at 270-639-7882 or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than glad to help you!